Sour Dough Bruschetta, with Mexican Tuna Tartare, Sour Cream and Caviar
200g fresh tuna
1 anchovy fillet
4 cornichons, sliced
I ripe tomato finely chopped
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 small shallots, finely sliced
½ tsp cumin seeds toasted
1tsp baby capers
½ tsp. dried oregano
Small red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
Small bunch of fresh coriander chopped
1 lime zested and juiced
½ an orange, juiced
Salt and pepper
4 slices sourdough bread
1 garlic clove cut in half
4 tbsp sour cream
A few rocket leaves for garnish
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the tuna into strips, then cut each strip in half lengthways, then lay all the strips horizontally across your chopping board. Now slice along the tuna as thin as you can into small dice.
2. Place the tuna into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
3. Using the back of a knife, crush the anchovy fillet into a paste and put into a small bowl, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well, now add to the tuna and season with salt and pepper.
4. Toast the sourdough until slightly charred, rub with garlic and spread with sour cream.
5. Divide the tuna mix between the 4 toasts, top with the caviar and serve with a twist of pepper, rocket leaves and olive oil.